I love making homemade biscuits for myself and my family. Chris and the kids eat these buttery biscuits just as fast as I can bake them I think it's the added decadence of the clotted cream and jam takes this recipe to the next level and makes them irresistible. I don't know about you but around the Holiday's the baking bug creeps up on me and I find myself baking deliciousness all season long. This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser, and it's too good not to share. Happy Baking…
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Clotted cream
- Jam (such as strawberry or raspberry)
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
3. Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Pour in the milk and stir until the dough starts to come together. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times to bring it together. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thickness.
6. Use a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter to cut out biscuits from the dough. Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between them.
7. Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top.
8. Once the biscuits are baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly on a wire rack.
9. To serve, split the biscuits in half and spread a generous amount of clotted cream on the bottom half. Top with a spoonful of your favorite jam and place the other half of the biscuit on top.
10. Enjoy your homemade biscuits with clotted cream and jam as a delightful sweet treat for brunch or afternoon tea.
Note: If clotted cream is not available, you can substitute it with whipped cream or mascarpone cheese.